- 2 cups Einkorn Berries
- 1 quart Chicken Broth
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 clove Garlic Minced
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 head Cauliflower Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 1 Red Pepper Diced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
1. In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a simmer and then turn down and leave on low heat.
2. In a pot or skillet, saute onions and garlic in coconut oil for about five minutes. (If you’re using unsalted broth, you may want to add some salt at this stage)
3. Add einkorn berries and chicken and stir for a couple minutes until einkorn is crackling.
4. Add broth a little at a time. When absorbed, add some more. You can stir the whole time or not, but make sure that you don’t leave it so long that the liquid is absorbed and the berries burn. Do not cover with a lid.
5. Once you’ve added most of the broth, add vegetables and continue until you’ve added the remainder of the broth.
6. Allow to simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the bottom of the pan is dry.
7. Mix in parmesan cheese and serve.