- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons Einkorn All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil This is one recipe in which coconut oil does not work
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sucanat or Coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cold Water
- 6-8 Green Apples Peeled and Sliced
- 1/4 cup Einkorn Flour
- 2 tablespoons Tapioca
- 2/3 cup Sucanat or Coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Sucanat or Coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Einkorn Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients. This recipe is about consistency more than exact measurements. This is a starting point, but if the dough is too wet, you need to keep adding flour until right.
3. Roll out between sheets of wax paper until circular 1/8 inch thick.
4. Peel off one sheet of wax paper. Lay dough face down over pie plate. Carefully peel off other piece of wax paper.
5. Press a fork into the edge. Repeat all the way around.
6. Pre-bake crust without filling at 350º for 8 minutes. It doesn’t need to be completely done, just enough not to get soggy.
7. Add Filling and topping and bake at 375º for 45 minutes covered with tin foil and another 15 minutes uncovered.
1. Peel and slice apples.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let juice up stirring occasionally.
3. Let sit in juice for five minutes.
4. Add to pre-baked crust.
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
3. Sprinkle on top of filling once in pie pan.