Super easy artisan bread with a delicious, golden crust.
- 5 cups Einkorn Flour
- 1/3 cup Powdered Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 3/4 cups Warm Water
Go here, for a deeper explanation on this recipe.
1. Proof your yeast in the warm water.
2. Sift flour, salt, and powdered milk together.
3. Add the water to your dry ingredients and mix with a spatula. The dough will be fairly sticky.
4. Scrape the sides of your bowl down to incorporate then coverwith plastic wrap.
5. Let it rise for 14 hours in a dark place. The slow rise develops volume and flavor at the same time.
6. After 14 hours preheat your oven to 500 with the dutch oven AND lid in the middle of your oven.
7. Turn your dough out onto a floured surface. Don’t work the dough too much. I fold each side of the dough inward like an envelope to create some more pockets of air.
8. Once your oven is preheated, place your loaf into the dutch oven, place the lid on it and close your oven. Do this as quick as possible so you do not lose your heat.
9. Bake for 35 minutes, take the lid off and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
10. Cool on a rack until completely cool.