Quick and easy banana bread with a delicious crumble topping. Eat for breakfast, dessert or a grab-and-go snack!
- 4 Bananas Smashed
- 1/4 cup Oil Or melted butter
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Fresh Milled Einkorn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Nuts or chocolate chips
Crumble Topping (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Freshly Milled Einkorn Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter
For the banana bread:
1. Mix all wet ingredients, including the bananas in a medium sized bowl.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir just until combined.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 bread pan and let it rest for 10 minutes.
For the Crumble topping:
1. Combine the crumble topping ingredients with your fingers until it is coarse and crumbly.
2. Sprinkle it on top of the banana bread mixture, then bake at 350 for 50-65 minutes, or 20-25 minutes for muffins.
3. It is done when a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs. This makes a 9×5 bread pan or 15 muffins.
Note: If you would like to lower the sugar, lowering it to 1/2 c sugar results in a mildly sweet tender muffin. The effect of the lower sugar amount is especially small if you make the crumble topping.