Try this simple rustic pioneer bread with just 3 ingredients!
- 18 cups Einkorn Whole Flour (Plus about 2 cups Natural Leaven Start)
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons Real Salt
1. Mix Sourdough Start, 9 cups of flour, and water in a bowl
2. Let rest for a couple hours or until it looks like this:
3. Add the salt and remaining flour until it sticks together (It may not pull completely from the side of the bowl, and it may be stickier than normal bread dough because there’s no oil). DO NOT over knead it.
4. Place dough in a bowl and punch down. Leave to rise in warm place (Several hours).
5. Shape into five loaves. Cut three slits in each one. Place in greased loaf pans and leave to rise for a couple more hours in warm place (For instance, an oven with the light on).
6. With the loaves still in the oven, turn it to 350º and bake for 38 minutes.
7. Remove and brush with butter or coconut oil.
For a little extra help, take a look at these additional tips.