The time dessert makes an acceptable breakfast! The cake is packed with sweetness and flavor!
- 2 cups Einkorn Flour
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/3 cup Sucanat
- 1/4 cup Einkorn Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Butter
1. Mix first seven ingredients in mixer.
2. Fork last five ingredients together until crumbly.
3. In a 9×13 pan, spread half of batter on the bottom. Crumble half the topping over the batter. Add remaining batter and crumble remainder of topping on top.
4. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes.
You can also make this recipe sourdough. Eight hours prior to baking (or overnight), mix the ingredients for the batter without the baking powder and egg and add 1 cup of sourdough start. When you’re ready to bake, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda and the egg.