- 2 cups Very hot tap water
- 9 cups Einkorn Flour Approximate
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil Or Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Real Salt
- 1 cup Sourdough Start Approximate
1. Mix water, oil, honey, and 1/2 the flour in a bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of sourdough start (You should have previously fed the start with 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of water)
3. Let rest until it begins to get bubbly (May take a couple hours, should resemble a root beer float).
4. Add salt and the remaining flour until it doesn’t stick to your fingers and pulls away from the sides of the bowl (DO NOT over-knead it. It becomes extremely difficult to work with). You may not add all of the remaining flour or you may add more. It’s all about the consistency.
5. Transfer it to a bowl (Preferably glass or stainless steel), punch down, cover and leave to rise in a warm place (I recommend a slightly warm oven or my personal favorite, a wonder oven). Leave it until it doubles in size (several hours).
6. After rising, shape into disks with a whole in the middle.
7. Leave to rise again until doubled.
8. Boil in water for 1 minute.
9. Brush with egg wash (1 egg white and 3 tablespoons water). If you want to top it with anything, this is when to do it.
10. Bake on 500ºF preheated baking stone for 8-10 minutes.