- 2 cups Very hot tap water
- 9 cups Einkorn Flour
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil Or Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Real Salt
- 1 cup Sourdough Start Approximate
1. Mix water, oil, honey, and 1/2 the flour in a bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of sourdough start (You should have previously fed the start with 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of water)
3. Let rest until it begins to get bubbly (May take a couple hours, should resemble a rootbeer float).
4. Add salt and the remaining flour until it doesn’t stick to your fingers and pulls away from the sides of the bowl (DO NOT over-knead it. It becomes extremely difficult to work with). You may not add all of the remaining flour or you may add more. It’s all about the consistency.
5. Transfer it to a bowl (Preferably glass or stainless steel), punch down, cover and leave to rise in a warm place (I recommend a slightly warm oven or my personal favorite, a wonder oven). Leave it until it doubles in size (several hours).
6. Roll out flat into greased jelly roll pan.
7. Let rise until doubled.
8. Poke thoroughly with a fork.
9. Top with anything interesting (For this picture, we used salt, olives, chives, sun dried tomatoes, and grated parmesan cheese).
10. Bake at 425º for 12-18 minutes.