Warm, sweet, and comforting, this cobbler is the perfect dessert for a fall evening. Plus the extra credit nutrients fro three different kinds of berries and einkorn! Win-win!
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 1 cup Einkorn Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3 cups Blackberry, Raspberry, Blueberry Blend Fresh or Frozen (not thawed)
1. Cut butter into rough chunks and place in 9×13 glass pan. Place pan in oven while it preheats to 350ºF.
2. Mix flours, sucanat, milk, and salt.
3. Add baking powder and mix.
4. Pour batter into melted butter.
5. Add berries and spread around. Do not stir. (Pretty much any frozen or fresh fruit will work here. It’s better if you don’t thaw it first, though).
6. Bake at 350ºF for 40-50 minutes.
Because we use an unrefined sugar, the batter ends up being dark. If you use regular white sugar, the batter will be lighter.