- 1 1/2 cups Hot Tap Water
- 3/4 cup Melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Real Salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 6 cups Einkorn Flour
- 2 cups Sourdough Start
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese Optional for variation
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Slightly Packed Or 1 cup of spinach and 3 drops of basil essential oil
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 2 small clove Garlic Or 1 large clove
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts or Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1. To get coarse flour, blend 6 cups of einkorn berries in a blender (Blend 2-3 cups at a time for 60-90 seconds)
2. Thoroughly mix first five ingredients and 4 cups of flour.
3. Add sourdough start and mix.
4. Add remaining flour until right consistency. It should be one mass pulled completely away from sides of bowl and should not be sticky.
5. Let rest in warm place for 4-6 hours.
6. Roll out dough as thin as possible. Cut into a few large rectangles. (For cheese cracker variation, knead graded cheese into the dough before rolling out.)
7. Place 1-2 rectangles on hot griddle at a time. Once you’ve laid one down, salt the side that’s facing up. When it’s starting to bubble slightly and is ready to flip, fork the whole thing thoroughly.
8. Flip over and, while still on griddle, cut into little squares with a pizza cutter.
9. Once both sides have browned a little, place on cookie rack to cool. (See above picture for example of correct coloring).
10. Let cool completely before serving or storing in airtight container.
Note: These are crackers. If they are not cooked long enough or not allowed to cool long enough, they will be chewy instead of crunchy.
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender until desired consistency.