These lemon blueberry scones are made with all-purpose einkorn flour, sweet cream, and fresh blueberries. They’re the perfect addition to any brunch or even just a weekday snack. They’re light and tender and have a sweet, lemon glaze drizzle.
These einkorn scones are the perfect treat to serve at a bridal or baby shower or any ‘ol day of the week. They only take a few minutes to whip up and they’re delicious every time.
The all-purpose einkorn flour is perfect for these cream scones. The scones come out tender and sweet and the combination of lemon and blueberry in these cream scones is– off the charts amazing!
Scones bake much better when they are an even thickness. Pat your scone dough into a circle cake pan to ensure you have a consistent thickness. Turn the scone dough onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper before you cut it into wedges.
Tips for Making Einkorn Scones:
- Use a food processor to mix the butter and sugar. You want your butter and flour mixture to resemble rice before adding the cream. 8-10 pulses with the food processor should be enough.
- Pat the scone dough in a greased circle cake pan. Turn the pan onto parchment paper before cutting. (This ensures the scones are a consistent thickness and cooks evenly)
- Pull the scone dough wedges apart from each other before cooking (The scone dough will rise and spread a little while baking
- Bake the scones on parchment paper. This will keep it from sticking to the pan and makes clean up a breeze.
- Let the scones cool for a few minutes before adding the lemon glaze.