Amazing the magic a little egg, einkorn flour, and sugar can create. Top this fluffly cake with some fresh berries for a fresh and delicious dessert.
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 12 Medium Eggwhites Room Temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Do not grease your angel food cake pan.
- Put the cornstarch and Einkorn all-purpose flour in a bowl. Sift the mixture 3 times.
- Whisk the flour mixture with 3/4 c of the sugar. Set aside.
- Put the salt, vanilla extract, and the egg whites into a large bowl. Beat the egg white mixture until slightly foamy.
- Sprinkle the cream of tartar on top of the egg whites, and then beat again until soft peak stage.
- Beat the rest of the sugar into the egg whites.
- Gently and gradually, fold the flour mixture into the egg whites. Spoon the batter into the angel food cake pan. Bake at 325 F for 40-50 minutes or until golden and springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove it from the oven and very gently and slowly flip it over, still in the pan, onto a cooling rack. Let it cool for about 2 hours. Cooling it upside down keeps it from collapsing.
- When cool, run a butter knife around the sides and remove from the pan.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries or your toppings of choice.