A delicious risotto with einkorn instead of rice!
- 2 cups Einkorn Berries
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Small White Onion Diced
- 2 clove Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoons Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Light Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
- Fresh Basil for Garnis
This recipe and photos are courtesy of Dahn and Pat from Savor the Best.
- Place the wheat berries in a bowl, cover with warm water and add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Allow to soak for 8 hours or overnight. (If you don’t soak the berries you will need to increase the cooking time by another 20 to 25 minutes).
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Rinse and drain the Einkorn berries then add them to the saucepan. Add the curry powder, salt, coconut milk, chicken broth and raisins. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally at first then stir frequently as the liquid becomes absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Add fresh basil before serving.