As delicious as it is beautiful, this unique cake wows in every way.
- 9 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 3 1/2 cups Einkorn All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 9 tablespoons Butter
- 1 pound Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/3 cup Light Flavored Honey
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Variety of plums, nectarines, and peaches
This recipe and photo is courtesy of Janet from Simply So Good.
1. Add the the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Batter can be mixed in a bowl with a whisk as well.
2. Heat a crepe pan or a 8 or 9-inch skillet. Brush with butter and pour about 3 tablespoons of the batter into the center of the pan. Tilt the pan in all directions to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until the batter appears dry on top. Carefully turn the crepe over and cook briefly. Repeat process until all the batter has been used. Makes about 28-30 crepes.
1. In a large bowl beat mascarpone cheese and honey. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, whip 3 cups cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Add whipped cream to mascarpone mixture. Stir until smooth.
4. Mix in lemon zest and vanilla.
1. Layer crepes alternately with mascarpone filling. Using about 2 tablespoons of filling on top of each crepe. Repeat until filling has been used.
2. Refrigerate cake until firm, about an hour.
3. Before serving, whip heavy cream, honey and vanilla in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
4. Gently spread on top of crepe cake.
5. Top with sliced stone fruit variety.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves…a lot!