If you need a cheat day, we recomment this fluffy delicious maple bar featuring all-purpose einkorn flour.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Instant Yeast Heaping
- 1/4 cup Warm Water
- 1 cup Milk Scalded then cooled
- 1/2 cup Sugar Can Substitute coconut sugar or sucanat
- 1 tablespoon Salt Scant
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 6 cups Einkorn All Purpose Flour Approximate
- Coconut Oil For Frying
Maple Cream Frosting
- 1 1/8 cups Sugar
- 1/2 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Butter Melted
- 1 1/2+ tablespoons Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Maple Flavor
1. In a mixing bowl, combine water and yeast and leave to dissolve.
2. In a saucepan, scald milk.
3. Turn off burner. Add butter, eggs, sugar, and salt to milk and stir well.
4. When lukewarm, add milk mixture to mixing bowl with yeast and water.
5. Add 3 cups of flour and mix until smooth.
6. Gradually add remaining flour until it cleans the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth.
7. Knead on low for thirty seconds and on medium for 2 minutes.
8. Cover in bowl and let rise until doubled in size (60-90 minutes). Dough is ready when indentation remains when touched.
9. Roll out onto flour surfaced with floured rolling pin (1/2 inch thick).
10. Cut into desired shape. You can have fun with this step!
12. Cover and let rise until double (40-60 minutes).
11. Heat coconut oil in frying pan (350ºF).
12. Slide doughnut into oil with a hot spatula. Fry until golden brown (About 1 minute on each side).
13. Remove and place on paper towel or on cooling rack above paper towel to absorb excess oil.
14. Frost when cooled. Add your favorite nuts (optional).
1 Add Sugar (If using sucanat, powder alone in blender first), cream cheese, vanilla, butter, milk, and maple flavoring to a blender.
2. Blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed.