If you need a cheat day, we recomment this fluffy delicious maple bar featuring all-purpose einkorn flour.
- 3 tablespoons Instant Yeast Heaping
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 2 cups Milk Scalded then cooled
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 2 tablespoons Salt Scant
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 12 cups Einkorn All Purpose Flour Approximate
- Coconut Oil For Frying
Maple Cream Frosting
- 2 1/4 cups Sucanat
- 1 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Butter Melted
- 3+ tablespoons Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maple Flavor
Note: This is a very large batch. When we make dough nuts, we want a lot. If you don’t think you have enough people around to eat 3 dozen dough nuts, consider cutting this in half. Also, this dough works for any kind of dough nut. We just chose maple bars and so shaped them like traditional maple bars but you can shape them however you would prefer. If shaped like regular doughnuts, it may make more like 5 dozen.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine water and yeast and leave to dissolve.
2. In a saucepan, scald milk.
3. Turn off burner. Add butter, eggs, sucanat, and salt to milk and stir well.
4. When lukewarm, add milk mixture to mixing bowl with yeast and water.
5. Add 4 cups of flour and mix until smooth.
6. Gradually add remaining flour until it cleans the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth.
7. Knead on low for thirty seconds and on medium for 2 minutes.
8. Cover in bowl and let rise until doubled in size (60-90 minutes). Dough is ready when indentation remains when touched.
9. Roll out onto flour surfaced with floured rolling pin (1/2 inch thick).
10. Cut into desired shape.
12. Cover and let rise until double (40-60 minutes).
11. Heat coconut oil in frying pan (350ºF).
12. Slide dough nut into oil with hot spatula. Fry until golden brown (About 1 minute on each side).
13. Remove and place on paper towel or on cooling rack above paper towel to absorb excess oil.
14. Frost when cooled. Add your favorite nuts (optional).
1 Powder sucanat in a high-power blender.
2. Add cream cheese, vanilla, butter, milk, and maple flavoring.
3. Blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed.