- 2 1/2 cups Einkorn All Purpose Flour Plus more for dusting/kneading
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
This recipe and photos are courtesy of Dahn and Pat from Savor the Best.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a light film of olive oil or a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large shallow bowl or on a work surface, shape the flour and salt into a mound. Make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and oil into the well and using a fork, whisk the mixture into the flour in a circular motion, gradually incorporating the flour in small amounts in a wider path until the flour is completely mixed.
- Transfer to a flour-dusted, flat work surface and begin kneading by hand. If the dough seems too moist, add small amounts of flour as you knead it. Knead until the dough begins to soften and is no longer sticky, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes. This will allow the flour to continue to absorb the moisture from the eggs.
6. When ready to roll, divide the dough into 4 portions. Work with one portion at a time while keeping the remaining portions covered with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
7. When the pasta is ready to use, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and working in batches, drop a portion of the pasta into the water. Most fresh pastas will cook to the al-dente stage in a 30-seconds to 3-minutes cook time, depending on the thickness of the pasta.