I've never had a pita turn out so nicely as I did when I made them using einkorn. You'll love this recipe because it's fast, easy, and you get the delicious pita you always dreamed of eating.
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- 1 tablespoon Yeast
Read my post about baking Honey Whole Grain Einkorn Pitas.
1. Mix ingredients thoroughly.
2. Add additional einkorn flour until mixture cleans sides of the bowl. Knead 8 minutes. Divide into 9 balls.
3. Roll into ¼-inch thick circles on a floured surface. Any creases in the dough will cause it not to puff up properly. Cover with plastic and let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Bake at 500° on a preheated stone (transfer using a wooden paddle) for 3 ½ to 4 minutes. Remove from oven when pita puffs up and is slightly golden.
5. Place in plastic bag to soften and flatten. Slice pitas in half and stuff with your pita stuffing such as coleslaw (grated cabbage, mayonnaise, salt and pepper) and chicken, tomatoes, cheese, olives, sprouts, and/or avocados.