This outside-the-box pizza is made with a delicious einkorn crust and a creamy white sauce.
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 clove Garlic Crush or grated
- 2 tablespoons Einkorn All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 ounce Cream Cheese Softened
- 6 ounce Chicken Breast Cooked and Shredded
- 3/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Dry Cornmeal
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Dahn and Pat from Savor the Best and uses their recipe for pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 425°f, place pizza stone in oven
For the Sauce:
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, add the butter and when it has melted, add the garlic. Cook just until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the flour and cook another 30-45 seconds.
- Add the white wine and cook for 1 minute to burn off the alcohol, whisk in the cream cheese, salt and pepper, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the parmesan cheese, whisking to a smooth consistency. Reserve while forming the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on the pizza peel (or back of a baking sheet that has been brushed with oil), press and push the pizza dough into a 14-inch round, push the edge inward to form a thick rim. Add about ¾ cup of the cheese sauce to the pizza dough, spreading it evenly all the way to the rim with the back of a tablespoon. Sprinkle the thyme leaves over the sauce, distribute the mushrooms and shredded chicken evenly. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the top of the chicken.
- Shake the peel back and forth. If it slides, you’re good, if not, use a bench scraper or spatula to lift the edges and brush more cornmeal underneath, working around the edge until the dough will slide. Remove the preheated pizza stone from the oven and tip the pizza peel downward to the far edge of the pizza stone while shaking and jerking the peel. The pizza will slide off the peel and lay on the stone as you pull the peel from underneath.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Transfer the pizza from the oven, slice and serve.
Hi – I don’t see the pizza crust part of the recipe – is it just me or is it missing?
Hi Carla, I apologize for that oversight. It was supposed to be linking to it. I have added the links, but I’ll include it here as well: Pizza Dough Recipe.