- 1 1/2 cups Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 4 tablespoons Cold Butter Cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Cold Water
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Dahn and Pat from Savor the Best.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place a metal ’S’ blade in your food processor. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and paprika in the bowl of the food processor and pulse to combine the ingredients. Add the butter and continue pulsing until the mixture looks like wet sand. Drizzle in the water and pulse until a ball of dough is formed. If there are a few dry crumbs left behind just gather them up and squish them into the dough.
- Place half of the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Roll the dough out as thin as possible. Sprinkle the top with additional flour if the rolling pin sticks to the dough.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the dough into rectangles about 1½ to 2 inches in size. Slide the parchment paper onto a baking sheet. The dough will not spread out so there is no need to space the crackers. Just roll, cut and bake the dough on the parchment for an easy and fast method of making the crackers.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the crackers and bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 10 minutes. Thicker crackers will need to bake closer to 10 minutes and thinner crackers will only need to bake 6 to 8 minutes.
- Slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack and repeat the process with the other half of the dough.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks or freeze for 4 months.