Delicious Einkorn brioche shared by Carole Toulousy-Michel and tested and endorsed by Einkorn Admin.
- 300 grams Einkorn All Purpose Flour
- 150 grams Butter Recipe calls for unsalted. We used salted and liked it, but if you'd prefer a less salty taste, use unsalted.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Turbinado Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 packet Baker's Yeast Or 2 1/4 tsp of dry yeast
- 3 cups Fresh or frozen fruit thawed We used strawberries
- 3 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 3-5 tablespoons Honey Depends on desired sweetness
1 Warm milk until lukewarm and stir in yeast until completely dissolved.
2. Combine flour and softened butter. Mix.
3. Add milk, eggs, sugar, and salt.
4. Knead dough in mixer until it doesn’t stick.
5. Grease muffin cups thoroughly.
6. Half fill each muffin cup.
7. Cover with dishtowel. Leave in 90-100º to rise until it fills muffin cup. (For us, it took about 90 minutes)
8. Heat oven to 365°. Place muffin tins in middle rack and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Chia Seed Jam
1. Blend fruit, chia seeds, and honey in blender until pureed.
2. Let sit for a few minutes to allow to gel.
3. Serve on warm brioche.