Add some whole einkorn to a delicious, classic chili for some extra texture, flavor and nutrition!
- 3/4 cup Dry Pinto Beans
- 3/4 cup Einkorn Berries
- 3/4 cup Green Peppers Diced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Real Salt
- dash Paprika
- dash Cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Chilies
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 White Onion chopped
1. Soak beans in water for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Strain and rinse beans. Put in crockpot with einkorn, 1/4 cup of diced green peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, paprika, cayenne, and crushed red chilies. Cover well with water.
3. Sautee beef, onion, and 1/2 cup of diced green pepper. Add to crockpot and turn on high for 8 hours.
4. Make sure water doesn’t cook out.
5. Ladle and Serve (Goes well with our Ein-Corn Bread recipe).
I’m assuming the can of tomato sauce is the medium size can – around 15 ounces – not the 32 ounce can, correct?
Nicole, thank you for the question. Yes, you’re right, we meant the 15oz can. Sorry for the confusion.