These are easy and fluffy dinner rolls, perfect for any feast!
- 1/4 cup Honey Plus 1 tablespoon to proof yeast
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Real Salt
- 1/2 cup Very hot tap water
- 1 tablespoon Yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 4 1/2- 5 1/2 cups Einkorn All Purpose Flour 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 if using whole grain einkorn flour
1. In a saucepan, heat honey, butter, milk, and salt until scalded. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. In a small bowl, mix water and 1 tablespoon of honey. Add yeast and leave to proof for a few minutes.
3, In mixing bowl combine eggs, 1 1/2 cups of flour, and milk mixture. Mix well.
4. Add yeast mixture. Mix well.
5. While mixing, add remaining flour 1 cup at a time until it reaches a smooth satiny consistency (3-4 cups for white flour, 4-5 for whole grain).
6. Knead on floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Place in greased bowl and cover loosely with greased plastic wrap until doubles in size (about 45 minutes).
8. Shape into rolls about golf ball size and place in greased cake pan.
9. Cover loosely and leave in warm place to rise about 30-45 minutes.
10. Bake at 350º for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown (Rolls with whole grain einkorn flour will not darken very much so be aware of that).
11. Once they’ve been removed from the oven, butter the tops and let cool a little before serving. Perfect for any side or sandwich.
Note: These also make great cinnamon rolls. At step 8, roll dough out into a thin rectangle. Cover with butter, cinnamon, and sugar of your choice (We used sucanat). Roll up into long cylinder and cut into rolls with a string or piece of floss. Then follow steps nine and ten.