Delicious muffin recipe that was actually an accident. It uses naturally leavened (sourdough) einkorn.
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Ground Flax seed (*Or 3 eggs)
- 1/2 cup Very hot tap water (Not if you're using eggs)
- 15 ounce Pumpkin
- 3 cups Sucanat or Rapadura
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 3/4 cup Melted coconut oil
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Sourdough Start
- 1 to 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 7 cups Einkorn Flour Approximately
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder (Possibly...see directions)
- Combine the flax and hot water in a mixing bowl and let gel (*If you are using eggs, wait until after step 4 to add the eggs to batter).
- Add pumpkin, sucanat, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, vanilla, clove, nutmeg, and ginger and mix
- Mix in pecans, applesauce, sourdough start, chocolate chips, flour, and warm water.
- Leave on counter at room temperature for 4-8 hours (we like to mix up at night and bake in the morning) to let culture.
- Add baking soda (**If the temperature in the house was a little on the cool side and the consistency isn’t spongy, add baking powder)
- Bake in greased muffin tins or muffin cups at 375ºF for about 22 minutes (Makes about 4 dozen).