- Combine the flax and hot water in a mixing bowl and let gel (*If you are using eggs, wait until after step 4 to add the eggs to batter).
- Add pumpkin, sucanat, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, vanilla, clove, nutmeg, and ginger and mix
- Mix in pecans, applesauce, sourdough start, chocolate chips, flour, and warm water.
- Leave on counter at room temperature for 4-8 hours (we like to mix up at night and bake in the morning) to let culture.
[caption id="attachment_2200" align="alignleft" width="250"]
Before[/caption][caption id="attachment_2201" align="alignleft" width="250"]
- Add baking soda (**If the temperature in the house was a little on the cool side and the consistency isn't spongy, add baking powder)
- Bake in greased muffin tins or muffin cups at 375ºF for about 22 minutes (Makes about 4 dozen).