- 1 stick Butter 8 Tablespoons
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Finely Grated
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme Leaves Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Sage Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Dahn and Pat from Savor the Best.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy. Add the Parmesan, flour, salt, herbs and pepper. Mix until well combined
- Place the dough on a lightly floured board and roll into a 10 to 12-inch long log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. This will get the dough firm enough to slice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F°.
- Slice the log crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Thicker slices will need to bake longer.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
The dough can be made ahead of time, shaped into a log then frozen for up to 4 months.