- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Instant Yeast
- 4 2/3 cups Freshly Ground Whole Grain Einkorn Flour 2 1/2 cups of berries if grinding yourself
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- Mix water, yeast, and honey into a stand mixer and let stand.
- Add flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Let rise in mixing bowl for 25 minutes.
- Knead to punch down.
- Place in buttered loaf pan (You can use oil, but we’ve found that butter works SO much better for this particular recipe. It prevents sticking much better than oil). It may be too wet to shape. Don’t add more flour. Just water your fingers and smooth it out in pan. You don’t have to shape it into a loaf. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and let rise in the pan for another 25-30 minutes.
- Bake for about 38 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and butter the top. Let cool 20 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and let cool for an hour or so (We’ve also sliced it right then if you can’t wait, but if you’re going to do that, we recommend an electric knife to avoid squishing it).