A simple, tasty sandwich with Einkorn bread and homemade vegan mayo!
- Einkorn Bread Sliced
- Nitrite/Nitrate-Free Sliced Turkey
- Vegan Mayo
- Tomatoes Sliced
- Onion Sliced
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 3 tablespoons Liquid from cooked chickpeas
- 3/4-1 cup Avocado Oil
1. Vegan Mayo. This recipe is courtesy of Peanut Butter and Vegan. Combine ground mustard, salt, vinegar, and chickpea liquid in measuring dish and blend with stick blender. After blended, turn on blender again and pour oil in slowly while blending. Mixture should begin to thicken. You can get the liquid from a can of chickpeas, but we decided to make our own. We cooked chickpeas for about 18 hours adding water halfway through. Once it was down to room temperature, the liquid had the perfect gel-like consistency for this recipe.
2. Spread mayo and mustard on two slices of Einkorn bread. Layer turkey, lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese in desired amounts.