These beautiful Einkorn dinner rolls are a wonderful addition to any meal!
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 3 1/4 cups High Extraction Einkorn Flour (Or double sifted after being ground medium fine)
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 12 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Mix the 3 1/2 tsp yeast and the 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar together. Heat 1/4 cup of the milk to between 110 degrees and 115 degrees. Sprinkle your yeast/sugar mixture over your warm milk and let it rest until softened. 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/2 Cup of milk, egg, and egg yolk and whisk to combine.
- Put all these liquid ingredients into a standing mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add 2 Cups of White Einkorn Flour (My baking tips for einkorn teaches how to make white einkorn flour.)
- Then add your 1 tsp of salt.
- Mix on low and add all of your butter 2 tbsps at a time. Make sure it’s completely mixed in before you add the next 2 tbsp.
- Add your remaining 1 1/4 Cup High Extraction Einkorn flour.
- Change your paddle attachment our for your dough hook and knead it on low for 4 minutes.
- Grease a bowl generously with either butter or olive oil and turn your dough into the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place to rise until doubled. It took about 90 minutes for me.
- Lightly grease two cake pans.
- Cut the dough into equal portions. For me I weighed them at 2 ounces each and it ended up being 18 portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball. I roll them against the counter to make them smooth.
- Place 7 of the balls of dough around the outside of the circle and then two in the inside.
- Place the pans inside a large garbage bag and then place a glass of hot water between the two of them so that the bag never touches the rolls. Tuck the ends of the garbage bag under the pans.
- Let them rise 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove your rolls from the bags and bake them for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool for 5-7 minutes and then separate the rolls and serve them warm!
- Enjoy! They are delicious!