Fill this herby, savory bread with your favorite sandwich meat and enjoy!
- 2 cups Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 7 1/2 cups Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- 1 cup All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- Olive Oil To Taste
- Garlic Powder To Taste
- Italian Seasoning To Taste
- Kosher Salt To Taste
1. Mix warm water, yeast, and honey in a large bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
2. Add 5 cups of fresh ground einkorn flour and mix well. Once combined, add in salt and olive oil and all purpose einkorn flour. Now add the remaining einkorn flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Knead for 5 minutes.
3. Cover and raise in a bowl for 20 minutes.
4. Place a pizza stone on the top rack of the oven and pre-heat oven to 500 degrees F.
5. Turn the dough out on a floured surface and roll into a rectangle about a half of an inch thick. Brush the entire surface of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powered and Italian seasoning. Cut the dough into rectangles with a pizza cutter.
6. Once the oven is heated, place the rectangles on parchment paper and sprinkle with kosher salt. I like to use a dough scrapper to work with and move the dough.
7. Slide into the oven with a pizza paddle and bake for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and cool for five minutes. Cut this wonderful bread and make the sandwich of your dreams.