Sesame Einkorn Crackers
The Bread Experience shared this amazing recipe. These crackers are made with freshly milled Einkorn flour, sesame seeds, olive oil, salt and water. They taste great, are simple to make and very healthy.
- 1 1/4 cups Einkorn flour - I used freshly-milled flour
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds (Toasted)
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Or you can use sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt - Be generous here
- 4-5 tablespoons Water - Add as needed
Yield: About four dozen crackers
Created by: The Bread Experience Blog
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the racks positioned in the middle and upper third. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the Einkorn or whole wheat flour, sesame seeds and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the oil and cut in with a fork.
4. Add the water, and mix with your hands, until you can gather the dough into a ball.
5. Lightly dust your work surface and roll out the dough, or roll out between pieces of parchment, plastic or wax paper.
6. Using a pizza wheel, cut into desired shapes such as squares, diamonds or cookie-cutter shapes and place on the pan, close together but not touching.
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned, switching the sheet trays front to back and top to middle halfway through. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool on racks.