Step-by-Step instructions with pictures for delicious and beautiful einkorn english muffins! Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and all the snack times in between.
- 3/4 cup Powdered Milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Organic Cane Sugar +1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt Divided
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 1/3 cups Water Divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Yeast
- 2 cups Freshly Ground Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- 1 cup All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
1. Combine powdered milk, 1 1/2 tbsp cane sugar, 1 cup hot water, coconut oil, and 3/4 tsp salt. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved and set aside.
2. Combine yeast, 1/4 tsp cane sugar, and 1/3 cup water in a small bowl and let rest until yeast is dissolved.
3. Add yeast mixture to milk mixture.
4. Sift flours into bowl and mix with wooden spoon.
5. Cover the bowl and let rest in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat griddle to 300°F.
7. Add the remaining 3/4 tsp of salt to the mixture and beat thoroughly. Place metal rings on the griddle and spray with coconut oil spray. Put 1/3 cup of the batter into each ring.
8. Cover with a pot lid or cookie sheet.
9. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip rings using a spatula or tongs, cover with pot lid or cookie sheet and cook for 41/2 to 51/2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove muffin from rings and cool on a rack.