- Cornmeal To sprinkle on top and bottom
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Yeast
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 6 cups Einkorn Flour Approximate
- 1 teaspoon Salt
1. Heat milk in a saucepan.
2. In a bowl, mix yeast, water, and sugar.
3. Combine milk, yeast mixture, oil and 3 cups of flour in mixing bowl. Mix well.
4. Add salt and remaining flour until it cleans the sides of the bowl.
5. Leave dough in warm place to rise for 1/2 hour.
6. Roll dough out onto floured surface to 1/2 inch thick.
7. Cut into circles of desired size with a biscuit cutter.
8. Sprinkle cornmeal onto piece of parchment.
9. Place circles on parchment and sprinkle cornmeal over top of them.
10. Cover with a cloth and let rise until doubled.
11. Fry on greased griddle on low for 5 to 10 minutes on each side.
12. Allow to cool before cutting.
13. These are best when cut and toasted before served.
Tami Mulder, one of our readers, also shared a recipe for an English Muffin Loaf. She found the recipe in Cook’s Illustrated and adapted it for Einkorn. Take a look!